[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Soren Vanggaard Jensen" <svanggaard at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Version 1.22 freeze
 Date:  Mon, 12 Jun 2006 07:46:17 +0000
Hi,

This issues has been brought up before. Monowall/freebsd seems to have a bug
that may cause a sporadic total OS freeze/lockup. I'm bringing this up again
because i have an installation running monowall version 1.22, which freezes
solid every once in a while.

Initially i used a SOEKRIS net 4501 hardware platform, but the system froze
approx. every 2-3 hours. I replaced the haw with a SOEKRIS net 4801
(replaced the PSU too) and have just seen a lockup after 7 days of uptime.
There's nothing in the setup out of the ordinary.

What do you suggest i should do to eliminate the problem? Could i upload a
script causing the monowall to reboot every night at 4AM? Any examples of
such a script?

BR.