[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "Soren Vanggaard Jensen" <svanggaard at hotmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to install m0n0 on a harddrive
 Date:  Mon, 12 Jun 2006 10:04:19 -0500
On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:55:50 +0000
  "Soren Vanggaard Jensen" <svanggaard at hotmail dot com> wrote:

> I'm having problems with a freezing v 1.22 monowall. I'm using a
>sandisk 32 MB CF card. Could these problems be related? I've never
>seen problems when reconfiguring the unit, but doesn't mono write to
>CF on other occasions? For Example - will monowall write to CF upon
>offering DHCP leases?

The only time m0n0wall writes to the storage media is config changes,
or firmware upgrades.  All other times it runs fully in memory.  The
filesystem is not even mounted rw unless you are saving a config, or
upgrading firmware.  The "upload a file" on the exec.php page only
uploads to the ram disk.

                           Lee