[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Thomas Jreige" <thomas dot jreige at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SATA Disks for HDD Image
 Date:  Sun, 11 Jun 2006 20:28:09 -0400
On 6/11/06, Thomas Jreige <thomas dot jreige at gmail dot com> wrote:

> Has anyone tried to copy the image for M0n0wall onto an SATA disk.
>
> We are an IBM house and using an x-server 360 with SATA disk for the
> m0n0wall but want ot put on HDD.

I don't believe SATA works, and is a waste of the drive anyway.
You'll never use more than 8 MB with today's versions, and unlikely
more than 16 MB or so with versions anytime in the near future.  Get a
IDE to CF adapter and a CF card and you should be set.  I recall some
people mentioning in the past that certain servers won't boot off IDE,
so you might want to make sure that'll work first.

-Chris