[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bjoern Euler (lists at edain)" <lists at edain dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.23b1
 Date:  Mon, 12 Jun 2006 20:25:50 +0200
Manuel Kasper wrote:

> Also, Paul Taylor has added support for 3rd party extensions in the
> and I've fixed anti-spoof
> rule handling for bridged optional interfaces and made racoon
> relatively quiet again (turning off the excess debug messages
> introduced with 1.22).

Hi,

I'm using 1.23b1 now on one box for home/home office use. So far now
problems.
Using IPSec, PPTP and the Filter/Nat features I experience much better
behaviour with IPSec. I have some IPSec mobile clients and three tunnels
to gateways with fixed IP.
The latter had problems when on my side the DSL reconnected and my IP
changed. The opposite reported old SA and unfortunately wasn't able to
clean the connection with DPD since m0n0wall doesn't make use of it.
Didn't checked the racoon changelog but since its working I won't go
into the trouble checking why... ;)

Thanks for that great beta!

Sidenote:
I'd be very happy to see Dead-Peer-Detection and NAT-T in some
testbuild. I have access to some other IPSec gateways and would be able
to test such features.

-Bjoern