[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IPsec VPN on VIA platforms: speed?
 Date:  Mon, 12 Jun 2006 17:32:54 -0400
On 6/12/06, david davidson <david underscore 7872 at yahoo dot com> wrote:

> In testing with a couple of m0n0wall VMware images on one machine, I was able to push > 40Mbps
over an IPsec tunnel. (albeit on a Pentium D 3.2 Ghz dual core box. )

Yeah, but VMware is pretty significant overhead.

Assuming it's a 1 GHz VIA C3, I'm sure it can saturate a 802.11g link
with IPsec.  The real world max throughput on wireless is 25 Mb, which
shouldn't be a problem at all for a 1 GHz proc.

Joe is correct in that the Padlock won't be utilized at this time, but
with this light of a load (unless you're talking about some much
higher end wireless gear than plain old 802.11g), it won't matter.

-Chris