[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  david davidson <david underscore 7872 at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  How / why is pfSense different from m0n0wall?
 Date:  Tue, 13 Jun 2006 08:11:51 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I noticed that pfSense is a fork of the m0n0wall project.

As I am new to both Linux and BSD, can someone explain why pfSense split from m0n0wall, and how both
of these distros  differ is design or goals from, say, IPcop.

Is pfSense "better" than m0n0wall? What does better mean is this context?

Which should i use for a new installation?

Thank you,
David

http://mail.yahoo.com