[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  david davidson <david underscore 7872 at yahoo dot com>
 To:  Anders Hagman <anders dot hagman at netplex dot se>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How / why is pfSense different from m0n0wall?
 Date:  Tue, 13 Jun 2006 21:49:58 -0700 (PDT)
--- Anders Hagman <anders dot hagman at netplex dot se> wrote:

> >Is pfSense "better" than m0n0wall? What does better
> mean is this context?
> >

> If more is better, yes. If stability is better, no.

Ahh. So pfSense is not well tested yet... I see.

> >Which should i use for a new installation?
> >

> If you want a firewall, with IPSec, use m0n0wall.
> If you want WLAN support in the same box, use
> pfSense.

Hmm...  WLAN seems like a pretty basic basic
requirement for a SOHO FW/router combo. (?)

What about a hardware crypto helper?

> About IPCop, It's Linux!!
> Some ref:

I realize the BSD and Linux are different, but I have
a very limited understanding of the differences.

From a technical perspective, what are the various
pros and cons of BSD vs. Linux in the context of a
m0n0/pf/ipcop kind of project?

Thanks,
David

http://mail.yahoo.com