[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  walterpc at mchsi dot com (Walter PC)
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  2nd management login
 Date:  Wed, 14 Jun 2006 05:20:39 +0000
Is there any way to add a 2nd login to the interface that has less management
options??
I would like to setup m0n0 so that is remotely accessible for management but
with a login that support can diagnose and assist users on the network, add mac
filters, and possibly reboot, but not have access to WAN IP settings, PPTP,
IPSEC, Firewall and other non-essential options (at least non-essential for
their support purposes).
Mainly looking to create a Hot-spot GW out of this.
turning off internal GUI access and setting bandwith limitations and captive
portal and such...but not all the support reps are going to need access to all
of the extra features, just the techs and installers.
And of course we would have to have a default config file to upload so that the
installers don't have to setup all of the firewall and settings.

Let me know if this is feasible or if there is another router / GW that would
work better  - as apposed to purchasing a enterprise based GW such as IP3 or Nomadix
Ken.