[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Terry Christopher <tc27 at shaw dot ca>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Monowall on MaxTerm 3300 or other Thin Client
 Date:  Wed, 14 Jun 2006 01:17:16 -0700
I was wondering if anyone tried running m0n0wall on the MaxTerm 3300 Thin Client?  I think it uses a
VIA C3, and has 128-256MB RAM, 1 built-in 10/100, and 1 PCI slot.  Could be a cheap way to build an
access point with a wireless PCI card, or a router with a wired one.

There is someone on eBay selling these at $90 USD, these probably have a VIA C3 800mhz, with 256MB
RAM.
Here is a link to the user manual:
http://www.neoware.com/docs/maxspeed/MaxTerm%205300%20User%20Guide%20(EU).pdf

I found this unit when I was looking for something small and quiet with 2x LAN and 1x WLAN.  Maybe
someone knows if there is a thin-client out there with either 2 integrated lans and a
PCI/PCMCIA/miniPCI slot?  Or 2 slots, and 1 integrated LAN?  I guess one could take 2 of these, and
use 1 as a router and another as an AP?

On a side note, does anyone know if you could use one of these as a browsing station using Damn
Small Linux (64MB) or something similar?