[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Matchstick <matchstick at oofg dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Problems with connecting to WebGUI from outside LAN
 Date:  Wed, 14 Jun 2006 14:52:15 +0100
Hi,

I've set up a rule on the WAN interface to allow access to the WebGUI on
the static WAN IP address from a specific static IP address.
However when I try to make the connection it times out. The relevant
entries in the firewall log are:

Allowed 13:35:14.930165 WAN <external IP address>, port 2993, <Static
WAN IP address>, port 443 TCP
Blocked 13:35:14.930300 LAN <external IP address>, port 2993, <Static
WAN IP address>, port 443 TCP
Blocked 13:35:18.198350 LAN <external IP address>, port 2993, <Static
WAN IP address>, port 443 TCP

 From my reading of the logs the first line shows the rule on the WAN
interface working fine, but after that the packet is being handled as if
it was on the LAN interface and getting blocked.

I'm running in a filtered bridge configuration on the M0n0wall box
(tested with both 1.23b1 & 1.22) but I don't see why that would stop the
webGUI responding to requests that come in on the WAN interface and
instead pretend the packets are coming from the LAN interface.

Has anyone else seen anything similar or have any suggestions ?

Paul Browning
matchstick at oofg dot com