[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Matchstick <matchstick at oofg dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problems with connecting to WebGUI from outside LAN
 Date:  Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:50:03 +0100
Chris Buechler wrote:
> On 6/14/06, Matchstick <matchstick at oofg dot com> wrote:
>>
>> I've set up a rule on the WAN interface to allow access to the WebGUI on
>> the static WAN IP address from a specific static IP address.
>> However when I try to make the connection it times out. The relevant
>> entries in the firewall log are:
>>

> Which rule is actually blocking it?
> http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/troubleshooting-firewall-rules.html
>
> The way you described how you have it setup seems correct.
>
> -Chris

Chris,

the raw filter log entries are:

Jun 14 15:25:49 firewall ipmon[85]: 15:25:48.678783 sis1 @200:1 p
<external IP>,3490 -> <WAN IP>,443 PR tcp len 20 48 -S K-S IN

Jun 14 15:25:49 firewall ipmon[85]: 15:25:48.678913 sis0 @0:9 b
<external IP>,3490 -> <WAN IP>,443 PR tcp len 20 48 -S IN

Jun 14 15:25:52 firewall ipmon[85]: 15:25:51.676017 sis0 @0:9 b
<external IP>,3490 -> <WAN IP>,443 PR tcp len 20 48 -S IN

Jun 14 15:25:58 firewall ipmon[85]: 15:25:57.713710 sis0 @0:9 b
<external IP>,3490 -> <WAN IP>,443 PR tcp len 20 48 -S IN

Which point to the ipfstat rules

200@1
@1 pass in log first quick proto tcp from <external IP>/32 to <WAN
IP>/32 port = 443 keep state group 200

0@9
@9 block in log quick on sis0 from !<LAN SUBNET>/24 to any

I personally can't see anything wrong with the first rule but I can't
see any reason at all that packets sent via the WAN interface to the WAN
IP address would ever interact with the LAN interface rules.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Paul Browning
matchstick at oofg dot com