[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Tarun Kundhi" <tkundhi at inebraska dot com>
 To:  "m0n0wall list" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Intel interface problems continue
 Date:  Wed, 14 Jun 2006 13:38:05 -0500
Guys,

I'm still having interfaces issues with a new monowall configuration I'm trying to get setup. I've
disabled everything I could in the BIOS and pulled my Quad Port Intel 1000 NIC card but I still
can't recognize the onboard NICs properly. The onboard interfaces use with the Intel 82573V chipset.
My research indictaes these interfaces should use the em4 driver but they appear as sis0 & sis1.
They won't function under monowall but I do see lights on the cards so I'm not thinking it is a
hardware issue. Is there a way to force a specific NIC driver at boot?

Also if anyone has any experience with monowall on a Supermicro PDSMi moptherboard please let me
know.

Deperately seeking help. Thanks,

Tarun