[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Krist van Besien" <krist dot vanbesien at gmail dot com>
 To:  "m0n0wall list" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Issue with m0n0wall and netopia ADSL modem in bridged mode.
 Date:  Wed, 14 Jun 2006 21:04:37 +0200
Hello,

I have a netopia ADLS modem, and I had it configured with the IP address
192.168.3.100. I now added a m0n0wall in to the mix, and set the modem to
"bridged mode". After configuring m0n0wall to use PPPoe on its WAN
interface, and entering my username and password I can internet find. So fa
so good.

The only problem is that I now can't access the modem anymore. The only
sollution is to temporarily switch the WAN interface back to a static
address (192.168.3.1). Then I can get the webbased admin interface of the
modem again. I don't need it a lot, just to check the speed of my connection
(ofcourse, it could be that Bluewin never changes this).

But is there a trick I can use to access the modem anyway? A static route or
proxy arp or alias on that interface?

Any tips welcome.

Krist

--