[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Walter PC <walterpc at mchsi dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 2nd management login
 Date:  Wed, 14 Jun 2006 14:44:25 -0500
OK - I feel stupid for not seeing that...

question 2 - much more technical.
is there or will there ever be uPnP support - like in smoothwall and the
previously mentioned $$$$ systems (ie.  192.168.xx IP will still work
behind  m0n0 if it has a default GW even if the LAN of m0n0 is
10.71.x.x - can m0n0 inject its MAC address to unanswered GW ARP requests?)

question 3
Will the the m0n0wall route traffic to public IPs behind the server...
for example  let say I have an public subnet of 10.0.0.2 - 10.0.0.24
(lets assume this is a public routable subnet)and I want to have the
ability of users behind m0n0 (10.0.0.2) that may perhaps need a public
IP, if I give them a public IP of 10.0.0.4 with the default GW of
10.0.0.1 (ISP device) and the public subnet mask, will m0n0 auto route
traffic to them??  Is this possible, If so, how do I make these
routables work??

Thanks - you guys are always great help -
Ken.