 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RE: m0n0wall vs Linksys etc...
 Date:  Thu, 15 Jun 2006 17:18:28 +0200
On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 09:27 -0500, SDamron wrote:
> Well...Taking someone else's work, and claiming it is your own is just
> bad form.  Not to mention that it could not be supported properly, as
> the one(s) who wrote it is/are the only one(s) who REALLY knows it.  I
> have never understood some people's ability to do things like that,
> take the software, load it on a piece of hardware and sell it, that is
> fine, but taking credit for someone else's work is wrong.

Have a look on where you can find bsd-source. M$ admits to have included
bsd-code, it's just not as wellknown as apples usage of bsd.

> And, that ends today's lecture on morals :o)

I agree, but morals and legal use of the software isn't the same.

Buttom point is that it's legal to sell your own branded box with a
modified m0n0wall as long as you ubclkude the copyright notices.