[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>, "SDamron" <sdamron at gmail dot com>, "Mark Jawdoszak" <MarkJ at logsysgroup dot com>
 Cc:  "Damien Hull" <dhull at digitaloverload dot net>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RE: m0n0wall vs Linksys etc...
 Date:  Thu, 15 Jun 2006 10:34:13 -0500
On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 16:00:13 +0200
  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be> wrote:
>> If the dev dude ever decided to take it commercial, I think
>> he could beat out a good number of the ones that sell for very high
>> dollars!

> I'm sure some people already do sell this firmware rebranded under
>there
> own name.

I do, in a way.  It is still m0n0wall, and all licenses remain intact.
 We re-brand it, but in no way take credit.  We just sell the hardware
with service and support.  (Also a few other changes, like change the
default config to the nics in the box, not sis0 and sis1) One guy
looked and said, "Hey I can get that free!"  We said, "Of course.  The
web site is..."  After looking at it, and the forums, and seeing my
name, he called us back. :-)  A few other vendors on here also sell
m0n0 systems.  The key is not trying to hide what it is.  Installing a
"solution" is a lot of work.  Many people are willing to pay for that.
 More are willing to pay for a phone number they can call.  There is
enough money to be made honestly.

                     Lee