[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 2nd management login
 Date:  Thu, 15 Jun 2006 21:56:06 -0500
From: "Walter PC" <walterpc at mchsi dot com>

> They have use client isolation... which does not allow cross-traffic
> between
> clients on the AP... then each switch port has a VLAN tag - back to the GW
> seperates file sharing and cross-traffic within the infrastructure.

> Not all Hiltons require this or the Cisco APs even... but they do require
> hilton
> authentication codes when they log in.

From the Hilton "High Speed Internet Access Operation & Technical Standards"
document... "Room to Room Security. The HSIA system must be configured to
completely isolate data traveling to different guestrooms and prohibit the
ability for one guest to view another guest's network traffic. The HSIA
system will block all packets destined for and/or originating from another
room in the hotel."  They also require hardware to be on the "approved" list
which only includes Cisco and Nomadix or IP3 Networks.  (However, you can
get around this if you can prove identical functionality) We tried VERY hard
to get into a Hilton hotel.  Now some hotels do what they want anyway, and
just risk getting dinged on an audit.  But our guy would not...

                                             Lee