[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jeroen Visser" <monowall at forty dash two dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Version 1.22 freeze
 Date:  Fri, 16 Jun 2006 13:43:24 +0200
Hi list,

Aaron Cherman and I are currently communicating Off-List about this issue. The
mail volume became too large to put on the list.

We're only able to try some things out but we hope we are closing in on the
problem because we have very few things left to try. Both of us have a fairly
similar situation.

The suspicion is currently the Traffic Shaper (P2P Shaping) in combination with
rather high network-traffic, combined with strange ARP messages. This rather
unlikely combination of things could lead to the freeze.

I will not go into detail about our tests, since we cannot be sure the things we
tried helped us.

More to come later, when there is no freeze for more then a week. ;-)

--
Regards,
Jeroen Visser.

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 09:56:47  0200, Frederick Page wrote