[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Version 1.22 freeze
 Date:  Fri, 16 Jun 2006 12:04:31 -0400
On 6/16/06, Jeroen Visser <monowall at forty dash two dot nl> wrote:

> The suspicion is currently the Traffic Shaper (P2P Shaping) in combination with
> rather high network-traffic, combined with strange ARP messages.

I don't remember if I mentioned this earlier or not, but Manuel's
suspicion back when the survey, etc. was put out, was that ipfw was
probably causing the problem.  But, there were people who weren't
using ipfw that claimed to have problems as well, so it's hard to say.

ipfw is used by the traffic shaper and captive portal.  Might be
interesting to see if you disable both the shaper and CP if the
problems disappear.

Not that there's really anything that can be done about it, even if we
can eliminte the problems.  If it is ipfw, it's changed drastically in
recent FreeBSD versions, and since Frederick says his problem went
away with pfsense, if it is ipfw related it doesn't seem to exist in
the latest version of FreeBSD.

-Chris