[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
 To:  "Patrick Daley" <pdaley at agnitek dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Larger Captive File Manager Size
 Date:  Thu, 15 Jun 2006 20:59:55 +0200
>I was wondering if it was possible, to have that 256KB limit raised, I
>have a 128MB card in the Soekris net4801, and would like to possibly put
>AVG Free Edition on the captive portal for use by the connecting people.
>Is there a way to have this 256KB total size raised? I think this would
>be a great idea, I'm probably wrong.

You will generate a much higher load on the http server which will cause normal login procedure to
slow down etc.

The system is not meant to serve large files. If you really want to, put a webserver online and put
it in the allowed-ip-address...

If you run into problems with this changed setup, you won't get any support from me.

Conclusion: NOT recommended.

J.