[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kimmo Jaskari" <kimmo dot jaskari at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall vs Linksys etc...
 Date:  Thu, 15 Jun 2006 22:13:46 +0300
On 6/15/06, Damien Hull <dhull at digitaloverload dot net> wrote:
> Simple! :)
>
> I like your solution. I'll do some searching and find out what Dlink and
> others have.

Ye flippin Gods, not D-link. There are lots of reasons why not, but
try this to begin with:

http://www.lightbluetouchpaper.org/2006/04/07/when-firmware-attacks-ddos-by-d-link/

I've so far had or had contact with about half a dozen, maybe 8 D-link
devices of varying types (not counting network cards that frequently
don't suck quite as hard as routers etc) and they've all sucked in one
way or another. Compared to the m0n0wall I have set up now... well,
it's like night and day. Find a broken down old PC clunker instead and
slap a pair of cheapo network cards in there and then m0n0wall and
you're good to go.

> Alex M wrote:
> > If you don't have any specific requirements that you need or you don't know
> > you need something then just get D-Link VPN router and you done... that's
> > 120$

-{ Kimmo Jaskari }--{ kimmo dot jaskari at gmail dot com }--

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to
find easier ways to do something.
  - Robert Heinlein