[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Sabo" <dsabo at valeven dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  How should I proceed? DMZ over a different WAN (Better Diagram)
 Date:  Sat, 17 Jun 2006 01:34:42 -0400
Hello,

			Public IP		Public IP
			200.45.X.65		200.45.X.64
			OPT1 ____________ Router _____ Internet
DHCP			 |
WAN DSL ______ m0n0wall

		LAN			DMZ
		192.168.1.1 	192.168.2.0

	1. WAN Interface: DSL DHCP
	2. LAN: Private Subnet
	3. DMZ: Private Subnet with one web servers so far.
	4. OPT1: Public IP of a second WAN

What I need:

	a. DMZ will have one or two Web Servers.
	b. The Web Servers on the DMZ connects to SQL Server on LAN.
	c. LAN clients need to use WAN DSL connection through internet.
	d. DMZ servers need to be connected through static public IP Second
WAN (OPT1), as a separate outgoing connection.

	How should I setup the m0n0wall for this configuration to work?

	Should I necessary add another m0n0wall for the second static public
IP WAN? If I need a new box, how I should I setup the connection from DMZ to
LAN?

	Could I use the same subnet on LAN and DMZ, so DMZ server could be
in the windows domain?

	Thank you very much for your help.

	Best Regards,