[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] wireless cards
 Date:  Sat, 17 Jun 2006 11:08:45 -0500
From: "Chris Flugstad" <chris at cascadelink dot com>

> Why does version 1.2b7 seem to be the only "wireless" versoin that
> works?  what changed after, that keeps wireless cards from working?

> IS anyone using it and having no problems.  i have a 4511 and a pcmcia
> ext2 senao card.  Also, the senao card is quite old.  I could make sure
> it has the latest firmware directly on the card, but im not exactly sure
> how to do that.  Any suggestions.  I have a windows and ubuntu OS

m0n0wall is based on FreeBSD 4.11 which is somewhat old.  In the 1.2betas
there was an attempt to move to FreeBSD 5.  It was very slow.  Even the
FreeBSD people admitted this.  It had more wireless support, but the
performance on older or embedded hardware was unacceptable, so 1.2 went back
to FreeBSD 4.11.  1.3 will be FreeBSD 6 which is faster, and has all the
support.

                        Lee