[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Don Munyak" <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  "mailme at bryen dot com" <mailme at bryen dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Embedded PC with Wireless Suggestions
 Date:  Sat, 17 Jun 2006 15:06:44 -0400
On 6/16/06, mailme at bryen dot com <mailme at bryen dot com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to this M0n0wall deal but I'd like to give it a shot and see how
> I can use it to rebuild my home network perimeter and test it before
> deploying it on several business networks that I support.
>
> I looked at Soekris and saw some interesting devices I could use with
> M0n0wall, but none come with wireless.   I'd like to hear what everyone
> else has tried and what their recommendations are.  Links to actual
> vendors also appreciated.  :-)

Netgate.com ...just one vendor, but one I have a preference for.
http://www.netgate.com/index.php?cPath=60&osCsid=7623b3dcd897ac44ba0ff6f3f448733c
m1n1 w/o wireless, preloaded ready to, CF & memory included ...
$225.00 + shipping
Note there is a wireless add-on for $75.00. You will need to use an
older image of m0n0wall though. I think 1.2b3 - 1.2b7. Current release
does not support on-board wireless.

side note... The genereal concensous though is to use a wired access
point off the opt1 interface, although of the LAN is also acceptable.
This has more to do with ease of configuration with respect to
m0n0wall AND as a wired AP, you can use the current stable release
with your choice of AP hardware.

~Don