[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Kitchens" <spider at webweaver dot com>
 To:  "'Don Munyak'" <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>, <mailme at bryen dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Embedded PC with Wireless Suggestions
 Date:  Sat, 17 Jun 2006 15:43:54 -0400
While m0n0wall doesn't support the Altheros chip required for G, it still
lives very happily on my home network running the Netgate 2511 card,
http://www.netgate.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_44_64&products_id=132&osCsi
d=7623b3dcd897a. While it is only B, it works very well for me. I have it
running on a Soekris 4511 on its own subnet, I can PPTP to my LAN with my
laptop to transfer files or print. A few of my neighbors occasionally use it
but I don't mind. With captive portal and traffic shaping, my line is never
flooded and I know who is using it. M0n0wall just plain rocks no matter how
you use it! :-)

Dave