[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jeroen Visser" <monowall at forty dash two dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Version 1.22 freeze
 Date:  Sun, 18 Jun 2006 21:31:23 +0200
Sorry for the large quotes below, but I had to include them for clarity.

The m0n0wall I use at work just went down. A freeze again. Disabling the Traffic
Shaper did not help. I'll have a look into the logs when I get at work to see if I
can see anything. Probably not.

So here we go. I need to install an image with the latest freebsd on it. I'll give
it a try and see what happens and keep you guys updated on the results. It will be
a generic-pc image. Size won't matter, the CF card it boots from is 128 MB.

Does anyone of you have a prebuilt installation of freebsd on which you would be
able to build an image for me? If you have time and want to do this. If not I'll
go and venture out on the journey of installing freebsd. ;-)

Uptime of the m0n0wall was a bit more than 3 days. Really dissapointing.

(Just for the new readers on this topic, I will not go into a discussion about
flaky hardware, because the hardware isn't flaky, I've tested three different
out-of-the box hardware installations, bios and all correctly configured, to no
avail.)

Regards,
Jeroen Visser.

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 16:04:52 +0200, Jeroen Visser wrote