[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] GO OILERS!!!
 Date:  Sun, 18 Jun 2006 19:00:22 -0400
On 6/18/06, Tom Anderson <tom at haremail dot net> wrote:
> And what on the face of gods green earth are oilers?

I would have said the same thing, but my gmail news thing at the top
linked to a story about it.

There are a lot of hockey crazed people out there.  Don't see it in
most parts of the US.  When I was up in Ottawa last month for BSDCan,
you get a grasp of how hockey crazed they are.  We were in a bar, and
all the TV's were on hockey and people were really into it, yelling
and cheering, etc.  That was the first time in my life that I've even
seen hockey on TV in a bar.  I've only seen that enthusiasm with
football and basketball in bars in the US.  Of course I've only lived
in Indiana and Kentucky, where football and basketball might as well
be the only two sports that exist, especially basketball crazed around
here.

-Chris