[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron Cherman" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] GO OILERS!!!
 Date:  Sun, 18 Jun 2006 21:17:28 -0600
> And what on the face of gods green earth are oilers?
>
> I doubt oilers are people working on oil rigs, or people oiling moving
> machinery...
>
> And do these oilers run m0n0wall?
>
> (Just a WTF?)

And I will throw out my own WTF?!  haha  Sorry, Canadians are all about the
NHL and the Stanley Cup right now.  The Carolina Hurricanes vs. the Edmonton
Oilers (I live about 2 hours west of Edmonton), game 7 for all the marbles
on Monday night.

And to answer Chris, yes, hockey crazed fans can take over.  We were in
Vegas for IWCE last month and we went ESPN Zone in the New York New York to
watch hockey.  I was surprised by two things: first, the number of Canadians
there to watch hockey.  haha  Second, I was surprised by the number of
Americans who had no idea why all of these fools were getting so excited
over a hockey game.  We had to argue with the manager just to get the sound
on after a basketball game.  I guess with the number of American teams in
the NHL more people would be into it.  I was wrong.  But the Canadians made
quite a noise there that night that will not soon be forgotten by those that
were there.  haha  Good times.

Oh, and my m0n0wall allows me to access nhl.com without any harmful traffic.
haha

Aaron