[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jason Collins" <jason at mammothcomputers dot com>
 To:  "Jeroen Visser" <monowall at forty dash two dot nl>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Version 1.22 freeze
 Date:  Mon, 19 Jun 2006 07:32:34 -0500
I am just starting to pay attention to this thread and as I am not a
programmer, my first thought is to look toward hardware as a source of
problems.  Since you are certain your hardware is not to blame, I would
wonder about the electrical environment -- do you have the unit on an
APC battery backup (or equivalent)?  I have seen many times where a
sudden drop in current or wildly fluctuating currents will cause a
machine no matter what OS to lock.  Maybe you already discussed this and
if so my apologies.  Hope you figure it out,

Jason