[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jeroen Visser" <monowall at forty dash two dot nl>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Version 1.22 freeze
 Date:  Mon, 19 Jun 2006 17:56:55 +0200
Hi Brent,

I've noticed a big increase in firewall logs (dropped traffic) just before
crashes. I thought this was Traffic Shaper related but disabling the trafficshaper
did not help. My suspicion then shifted to the freebsd firewall (ipmon ?). Also
because of what Chris mentioned earlier. So I've put a separate m0n0wall behind
our main m0n0wall to separately drop traffic that is not allowed. Also I just put
new rules in place to restrict some abusive traffic altogether. Let's see what
happens.

If this fails, I'll upgrade to the freebsd 6.0 version of m0n0wall at work.

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 08:50:04 -0600, Brent wrote