[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "David Sabo" <dsabo at valeven dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  m0n0wall to m0n0wall via OPT
 Date:  Mon, 19 Jun 2006 22:36:23 -0400

	I am setting up a Web Server on my network. For that service I need
to use a Public certified IP, so we decided get another connection with
those characteristics, and have two WAN. We now have one DSL connection for
LAN and another connection for DMZ.

         I decided to use two m0n0walls as it was recommended. Now I need to
link the two m0n0wall via an OPT interface on each m0n0wall, and I can't get
this link to work.
        Here's my current configuration:
        m0n0wall A
        WAN: DHCP DSL
        m0n0wall B
        WAN: Public IP
        m0n0wall A OPT1 - crossover cable - m0n0wall B OPT1
        If I ping from m0n0wall A OPT1 IP I get response from m0n0wall B
OPT1 IP, but if I ping from m0n0wall B LAN to m0n0wall A OPT1 IP I don't get
a response neither the other way.
        I create the static routes but nothing.
	How should I configure the OPTs interfaces in order to route from
m0n0wall A LAN to m0n0wall B LAN?

	Thank you very much.

	David S