[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ole Barnkob Kaas <obk at tet dot dk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  openvpn crash
 Date:  Tue, 20 Jun 2006 21:22:52 +0200
Hello,

When my SIP phone tries to connect to the proxy through openvpn-tunnel
and the service isn't available openvpn seems to crash. I get this on
the console:

fault virtual address   = 0x616f6c64
fault code              = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xc023329a
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xc9217bc4
frame pointer           = 0x10:0xc9217bcc
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                         = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 84 (openvpn)
interrupt mask          = net
trap number             = 12
panic: page fault

syncing disks...
done
Uptime: 11s
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort

Normally I use net4801 as platform, but I run this one on a pc to see if
there was output on the console. Most of the time m0n0 just hangs - but
now and then the above message is printed on the console.

The image is  1.21-ovpn1 but the issue is te same with earlier releases
too. Is this a m0n0, BSD or openvpn issue?

Regards,

Ole Kaas