[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Molle Bestefich" <molle dot bestefich at gmail dot com>
 To:  paal at tgmsound dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Can't NAT on m0n0wall.
 Date:  Wed, 21 Jun 2006 07:34:01 +0200
> I have workt with a lot of ruters, gateways and firewalls
> but this m0n0wall is strange.
>
> I have tryed now for some time to NAT any port from my external / public IP
> to a server on my intra network.

In my experience, m0n0wall is broken in a way that causes the firewall
filter engine to see both translated and non-translated addresses.

To make NAT work on m0n0wall, I created twice all rules that pertain
to networks and devices with NATed addresses - one rule using the
translated address and one rule using the untranslated.