[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Brown <knightmb at knightmb dot dyndns dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  LS Command for FTP is not passed by m0n0wall 1.22 PC Image
 Date:  Wed, 21 Jun 2006 08:40:17 -0500
Hi All,
This has been driving me crazy, finally was able to track down the
cause.  I have a FTP service mapped through inbound NAT with m0n0wall,
have a firewall rule for this, etc.  Everything works fine in active FTP
mode, but sometimes, just out the blue, the "LS" command for FTP will
stop working.  Lately it's gotten bad since I upgraded from 1.21 to 1.22
image.

The testing I've done, when the LS command fails and hangs the FTP, I
can FTP on the Internal network to the same server and everything is
great. At first I thought the FTP server was the problem (maybe it still
is), but as far as I can tell, m0n0wall is the only variable when this
happens.  I'm using ProFTP for Linux, even have another separate Windoze
box with IIS FTP (different IP address and everything), this one has the
same problem happen to it as well.  The only thing common for all of
them is the m0n0wall box in between the ftp servers and the Internet.

Any info or good troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael

p.s. I tried to attach the config file to the bottom of this message,
but the mail list keeps erroring out with the e-mail being too big.