[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  John Crowley <jcrowley at gmx dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Trouble with ADSL+2
 Date:  Wed, 21 Jun 2006 20:21:43 +0200
Hi all,

strange things going on here.

First the facts:
Today I changed from ADSL (2M down / 192k up) to ADSL2+ (16M down / 800k
up). My ISP is HanseNet in Germany, the product is Alice Deluxe.
For the change all I needed to do is to change the login-name at the
m0n0wall.
Not to mention that all went fine before I got ADSL2+.

This is what happens now:
Most websites do not load. Say, www.alice-dsl.de (and some others) works
fine but m0n0.ch does not. However, I can ping any host. Nameresolution
(DNS) works fine too. I cannot connect to any mail-host & ftp-server (or
at least any I tried).

When I connect the modem directly to a PC and configure a broadband
connection I can get to i.e. m0n0.ch and the like.

Serioulsy, anything that I changed on my m0n0wall was the login!

Does anyone have a clue on this?

Thanks in advance!
J.C.