[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Graham Freeman <graham dot freeman at cernio dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Version 1.22 freeze
 Date:  Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:24:53 -0700
On 12 Jun 2006, at 7:57 AM, Sea wrote:

> I haven't deployed a monowall yet, but I need a very reliable
> firewall for
> my network so the only time it should be rebooted is if I need to
> move the
> power cable! I haven't followed this thread, but how prevalant is
> the freeze
> and lockup issue?
>
> Eric

FWIW, I've had three Soekris net4801 boxes running m0n0wall for more
than a year now, and only one of the three has given me any trouble
with lockups - it was deployed in an old building in a remote section
of the Nevadan desert, where power is unreliable.  The two reliable
ones are in a high-quality datacenter in Santa Rosa, California and
in an office building near Sacramento, California.

Graham Freeman
Cernio Technology Cooperative
www.cernio.com/cooperative/
graham dot freeman at cernio dot com