[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "=?BIG5?B?tsCr2K54?=" <jang0820 at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  DNS request timeout
 Date:  Thu, 22 Jun 2006 21:18:43 +0800
I  have a problem  about  DNS  request  timeout.
Use  M0N0  with  NAT  to  translate  many private  ip  to one public ip.
My private lan has about  200 computers at the same time.
About  10% computers have  DNS  problem.
Using  nslookup  command  in  DOS  mode  reponse    DNS  request  timeout.
DNS  server   is in  public  domain.
Using nslookup  command  in  DOS  mode many  times will connect to DNS
server correctly ,
then browser work fine.
I  set  tcpidletimeout to 600 sec.  This  help  me   reduce  NAT
state  size with  TCP packet.
DNS is UDP packet.Or have other reason.

How  to  solve  this  problem? Thanks  a  lot.

                                                      Jang