[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] our pokey VPN
 Date:  Thu, 22 Jun 2006 15:59:04 -0400
On 6/22/06, Nathaniel Irons <ndi dash l at bumppo dot net> wrote:

> Office to home, with VPN:
>
>     office-reported     home-reported
>     44.9 Kbits/sec      45.1 Kbits/sec
>     24.5 Kbits/sec      24.5 Kbits/sec
>     19.8 Kbits/sec      19.9 Kbits/sec
>     35.6 Kbits/sec      35.8 Kbits/sec
>     33.5 Kbits/sec      33.6 Kbits/sec

Indeed an issue.  That's so unbelievably slow that it's hard to
imagine it maxing out the hardware...  When you're doing this, what
does the CPU graph show?  It should be CPU bound when it hits its peak
(if it isn't bound by the network connection of either side).

I don't know that replacing the hardware would make any difference.

One other thing I can think of, check the Status->Interfaces page for
errors on any of your interfaces.  Though that's much more likely to
cause general throughput issues, nothing specific to VPN.

I'm not really sure what to suggest at this point...

-Chris