[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Graham Freeman <graham dot freeman at cernio dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Version 1.22 freeze
 Date:  Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:27:41 -0700
On 12 Jun 2006, at 8:13 AM, Sea wrote:

> I need something small because my rack space is so limiteed.  I
> wonder if a
> stripped down super micro 1U box would work well?

I have a Soekris net4801 (running m0n0wall) in a cramped half-cab,
stacked in the small space between the top-most racked equipment and
the top of the cab.  Works great, although it only handles about
40Mbits of traffic (with moderately complex firewall rules) before
hitting CPU limits.  Power consumption is low, as is heat generation.

Graham Freeman
Cernio Technology Cooperative
www.cernio.com/cooperative/
graham dot freeman at cernio dot com