[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "=?BIG5?B?tsCr2K54?=" <jang0820 at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DNS request timeout
 Date:  Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:01:20 +0800
My  external  DNS  server  works for  100  computer  in  public ip
domain,too. It  works  well.

I  set  DNS  servers  manually in  system-> general ,and uncheck
option "allow servers to be overridden... ".

The  computer  in  private ip domain , DNS  timeout will happen
,when browser  connect  to Internet first  time.
When  DNS  server  response  correctly  once, it  will
always  works   well  after that.
When  I  reset NAT  table and  firewall state table ,the  computer
which can not  find  DNS  server  will  find it.

                                                Jang

2006/6/23, Holger Bauer <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>:
> Make sure your external DNS Servers are responding fast enough. The m0n0 just forwards the request
to the external servers and reports back what it got. If the external server doesn't answer in time
you'll see issues like the ones you described. You can set DNS servers manually at system>general in
case you get them autoassigned by dialin/DHCP. Make sure the checkmark is removed from the option
"allow servers to be overridden..." below the dns server fields.