[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joe Barnhart <joebarnhart at yahoo dot com>
 To:  Damien Hull <dhull at digitaloverload dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] booting from compact flash
 Date:  Mon, 19 Jun 2006 18:37:11 -0700 (PDT)
--- Damien Hull <dhull at digitaloverload dot net> wrote:

> When I boot the CF card all I get is "boot error". While searching
> for a
> fix I found some info that suggested changing the BIOS IDE setting to
>
> normal. I don't have this option. I left it on AUTO.
>
> What's going on here and how do I fix the problem?

You probably need to use CHS addressing instead of LBA.  LBA is
"logical block addressing" and is used on most hard disks today.  Older
drives use CHS which means "cylinder head sector" style addressing.
Your CF card probably needs CHS addressing.  (I had the same problem on
my VIA based computer.)

http://mail.yahoo.com