[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] our pokey VPN
 Date:  Fri, 23 Jun 2006 16:32:55 -0400
On 6/23/06, Nathaniel Irons <ndi dash l at bumppo dot net> wrote:

> When I tested this last night, over the VPN, the CPU was hovering between
> 1 and 2 percent utilization. When I run iperf from home to office, at
> about 700 Kbit/sec, CPU use went up to about 5 or 6 percent. When going
> from office to home at about 35 Kbit/sec, it went up to 4 or 5 percent. So
> assuming the graph is accurate, it doesn't look like CPU is the problem.

Yeah, you're definitely not hardware-bound then.

> I rebooted last weekend, for the first time since the T1 upgrade. All
> three interfaces are reporting zero errors since then. Ordinarily that
> would sound like good news.

Yep, sounds fine.

> Any suggestions on where to take the inquiry from here?

Not a clue....  I'd talk to the ISP at this point.  Is there any way
you can take down one of the bonded links and try it with one link, to
see if they have the bonding screwed up somehow?  I kind of doubt it's
a m0n0wall issue at this point.

-Chris