[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Stephen Hoos" <stephen at hoos dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  VPN IPsec
 Date:  Fri, 23 Jun 2006 17:59:18 -0700
I have a working VPN connection from NY to LA.  NY has a stonegate firewall;
LA has a Netgear prosafe VPN box.  The netgear sucks it can't handle the
traffic.  I want to replace it with a m0n0wall.  I have taken every setting
from the netgear and plugged it into the m0n0wall.  I have entries in the
SPD for the vpn connection, but according to the FAQ, I should also have an
SAD entry.  Is this true?  I cannot ping the remote LAN 100.100.100.0 /24
all setting are the same.  I have entered rules into the firewall allowing
any traffic from anywhere to anywhere on all interfaces.

Is the tunnel up without a SAD entry?  If a SAD entry is not required any
ideas?  I am a CCNA and have a fairly good understanding of networking, and
I have read the limited documentation on this subject, and have tried to
build NEW tunnels from scratch, but to no avail.  Anyone else have this same
problem?  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Steve