[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "John Paine" <guipenguin at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Windows Clients eventually lose DNS when connected to m0n0wall v1.22
 Date:  Sat, 24 Jun 2006 19:28:32 -0400
This has been an on going thing sense my upgrade to m0n0wall 1.22 the past
few weeks. I have not noticed this in previous versions. Once in a while my
Windows XP boxes, as well as several other people I have talked to who have
discovered this similar problem, will lose DNS, and the connection will have
to be restated or a DNS server of 192.168.1.1 added and the connection
refreshed. For a test, I have temporarily upgraded my firewall box to
pfsense, and have not lost DNS on any of my computers all day, like I was
before every 10 min. So it has to be something with m0n0wall.

Has anyone noticed this with their Windows XP systems behind m0n0wall?

-John

--
"Microsoft follows standards, in much the same way fish follow migrating
caribou."