[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "John Paine" <guipenguin at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Windows Clients eventually lose DNS when connected to m0n0wall v1.22
 Date:  Sat, 24 Jun 2006 19:28:32 -0400
This has been an on going thing sense my upgrade to m0n0wall 1.22 the past
few weeks. I have not noticed this in previous versions. Once in a while my
Windows XP boxes, as well as several other people I have talked to who have
discovered this similar problem, will lose DNS, and the connection will have
to be restated or a DNS server of added and the connection
refreshed. For a test, I have temporarily upgraded my firewall box to
pfsense, and have not lost DNS on any of my computers all day, like I was
before every 10 min. So it has to be something with m0n0wall.

Has anyone noticed this with their Windows XP systems behind m0n0wall?

"Microsoft follows standards, in much the same way fish follow migrating