[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "PF: m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at in dash genius dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Windows Clients eventually lose DNS when connected to m0n0wall v1.22
 Date:  Sat, 24 Jun 2006 18:34:19 -0700
> as well as several other people I have talked to who have
> discovered this similar problem, will lose DNS, and the
> connection will have to be restated or a DNS server of 192.168.1.1
> added and the connection refreshed.

I've never seen this exact problem before, but I do have a few neoware
terminals (w/ neolinux) that don't seem to like the way m0n0wall does
DNS.  I think the terminals are trying to do DNS with TCP instead of
UDP. (Which would be odd.) No sure though.  They check to see if the DNS
server is responding when they boot and won't use it if it isn't.

My LAN machines use a windows 2000 server for DNS so that's not really a
good example, but I have some other machines (win98, win2k, winxp) on
OPT1 that use m0n0 for DNS without any trouble (other than the neolinux
machines.)

-Kevin