[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  <lists at dinplug dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  PPTP GRE is being blocked?
 Date:  Sun, 25 Jun 2006 09:55:56 +0000
Hi everyone,

I would like to be able to enble the monowall PPTP server and at the same time make outgoing PPTP
VPN connections from Windows XP machines located on the local LAN.

With the Vigour 2900G it is possible to have PPTP server runing and have outgoing PPTP connection
pass through the firewall/router.

If I look at an Ethereal log made on WAN side of monowall I see GRE PPP LC Configuration Requests
being sent from the remote Vigour router but they do not get passed to my PC on the LAN that
initiated the PPTP connection. All TCP related communication seems to be NAT'ed and passed OK (as I
would expect).

I am running monowall v1.22 and I added a WAN firewall rule to pass all GRE packets (any source any
destination, allowing fragmented packets), is this the correct thing to do?

Does monowall map the GRE packets source address somehow with the LAN IP address of outgoing PPTP
requests?

Many thanks.

Ian Hailey.