[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Klaus Stock" <ks at stock dash consulting dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RE : [m0n0wall] M0n0wall & Token Ring
 Date:  Mon, 26 Jun 2006 17:51:27 +0200
> On Monday 26 June 2006 11:18, Nicolas Bussieres wrote:

> > What kind of interface is used for the Token ring ? BNC or RG45 ?
> > If I remember there are some adapters out there that can translate TR ,

> 	Hi, Nicolas!  Its a PCI card and RJ45 connection.

Yikes! RJ45! Musta be the fast version of Token Ring...16MBit...EVERY
second!

If they have Token Ring, they have most probably already some box which
interfaces the whole thing to a TCP/IP.

As Token Ring typically uses a...special...protocol, which is incompatible
with TCP/IP, a simple plug-in solution is unlikely. Hence the rather costly
translators.

- Klaus
This mail sent using V-webmail - http://www.v-webmail.orgg