[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Paulo Meireles <paulo dot meireles at exxpert dot com>
 To:  Klaus Stock <ks at stock dash consulting dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RE : [m0n0wall] M0n0wall & Token Ring
 Date:  Mon, 26 Jun 2006 17:11:11 +0100
Token Ring is not incompatible with TCP/IP, neither does it have "its
own protocol".
It's just a Data Link layer just like Ethernet orWiFi, over which we can
implement TCP/IP.
See more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCPIP

Apart from driver support, there should be no issues preventing the
usage of a TR adapter.
If you cannot make it work with m0n0wall, you may get an
ethernet-to-token-ring bridge (might be hardware or a BSD/Linux/...
machine) to connect the TR part of the network to one of m0n0wall's
ethernet interfaces.

Paulo