[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Klaus Stock" <ks at stock dash consulting dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RE : [m0n0wall] M0n0wall & Token Ring
 Date:  Mon, 26 Jun 2006 18:50:40 +0200
> Special protocol?  You probably think that because most things
> over Token Ring are old applications that communicate with SNA or some
> archaic protocol.  But, you can still run IP too.  Now, if you want some
> app (using SNA, for example) to communicate through Monowall, you'll need
> something to run DLSW, which encapsulates SNA in TCP/IP.  This can be done
> with Cisco routers, though you'll need one on each end of the connection.
> This just reminded me of a company that we have dealt with in the past.
> techs there always associated SNA with Token Ring and TCP/IP with

Ah, yes, you're right. My fault!

Damn...I begin to remember all the gory details from the "good old days"
when 16MBit Token RIng was considered "blazing fast". Including these
undocumented APPC errors, etc pp....I need a drink fast!

Heck. At least I managed to start a minor flame war...over a tpoic wher ethe
physical layer mostly resembles dual fire hoses :-)

Best regards, Klaus
This mail sent using V-webmail - http://www.v-webmail.orgg