[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RE : [m0n0wall] M0n0wall & Token Ring
 Date:  Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:54:08 -0400
On 6/26/06, Michel R Vaillancourt <mvaillancourt at privalodc dot com> wrote:

>         That having been said, is there a way to get M0n0wall to recognize a Token
> Ring card?

I think this is the longest thread ever without having a definitive
answer.  :)

No, m0n0wall cannot support token ring because there is no token ring
support in FreeBSD at all.  A group was working on support back in the
90's, but ditched their efforts when they came to the conclusion
almost everybody else had already - TR was dying very quickly.  And
good riddance to that junk too.

Now it's 2006.  Token ring is beyond dead, it belongs in a dumpster.  :)

I think you'll be *VERY* hard pressed in 2006 to find any firewall
with TR support, other than maybe something like Check Point where you
bring your own hardware.

-Chris